Direct bus from no. 555/554 from Jerusalem to Arad. The bus leaves two streets away from Jerusalem Central Station, from the corner of Hatzvi and Yermiyahu streets. On weekdays, the bus leaves 3 times per day: at 2pm, 4pm and 6pm. The drive costs 31.5 NIS.
Another way is to take bus no. 470 or 446 from Jerusalem Central Station to Be’er Sheva Central Station. The bus leaves approximately every 30 minutes. From Be’er Sheva Central Station take bus no. 384, 386, or 388 to Arad. Once in Arad take bus number 1 or 11 from Arad Central Station, and get off at the station named “Odem/Mishmar”. You’ll see our orange fence and a sign that reads ”Welcome Backpackers”.
You can also take the train from Jerusalem to Be’er Sheva. This journey takes longer than going by bus, but it is a very beautiful ride. The train leaves once an hour and the drive costs 35 NIS pp or 17.5 NIS if you are a student.
From Be’er Sheva Train Station take bus no. 384, 386, or 388 to Arad. Once in Arad take bus number 1 or 11 from Arad Central Station, and get off at the station named “Odem/Mishmar”. You’ll see our orange fence and a sign that reads ”Welcome Backpackers”.
- Follow Route 1 and Route 3 to Route 6 (going south).
- Drive south on Route 6 for approx. 80 km.
- Take the exit to Arad (Route 31).
- Follow route 31. When you reach a T intersection turn right and immediately after left, to continue on route 31.
- Drive on route 31 until you enter Arad town.
- On the first roundabout take the third exit.
- On the second roundabout take the first exit.
- On the third roundabout take the second exit (going straight).
- On the forth roundabout take the first exit (going right).
- Take left on the third turn.
- Drive approx. 600 m and you will arrive.